Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We managed to catch a perfect time for a walk in Rock Creek Park today...it was sunny, but still cool and not humid.  Knowing that it is going to be hot and humid as the week goes on, I made sure we did a good, long (for me) walk...over a mile round trip.  (I like the fact that there are quarter mile markers along the walk, so I have a good idea about the distance we cover.)  Mali always looks up to me to make sure that she is doing the right thing, but when we turn to go back to the car, she just goes forward with confidence and a pretty quick clip for me.  About half the way back to the car, there were 2 deer on the path.  I like that neither Chi nor Mali jerked the leads to give chase.  The deer cautiously crossed the street into the more "private" underbrush.

 I've never noticed them before but there were yellow iris-type flowers growing along the edge of the little stream branches that drain into Rock Creek Park.



I saw a red-winged blackbird, too; the first one I have seen in a good long while.  Thanks, Mali, for another great walk in the park!  May 28, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment