Saturday, May 25, 2013

From the beginning, walking Mali and Chi has been a big part of her acclimatization.  My son was taking them on 3 or more walks per day to help things settle in.  He spends hours walking them 3 1/2 to 5 or more miles on the weekends now.  I understand that Mali, like Chi before her, is quite adept at jumping logs and enjoys the water.
And I am now able to take them on walks, too, as a lunchtime break in nearby Rock Creek Park.
Photo by my son - April 5, 2013 - a caring moment....

May 2, 2013 - Rock Creek Park near Kensington Parkway
I find it is not so easy to walk them AND take photos...so most days we just enjoy what's around.

                        My upper body gets a work-out trying to keep the leads from tangling...

                                                                May 3, 2013
On May 1, 2013, it was time for another series of CAT scans, so my son took off to help me through it.  He took Mali and Chi for her first walk along the entire "Crescent Trail" and down to Fletcher's Boat House.  Chi has enjoyed his walks with my son on this trail many times in the past, especially while I was in chemo.
(Photos by my son)














No comments:

Post a Comment